Sunday, December 13, 2009

Humility.

You know when you are talking to someone and you can see how highly they see themselves? They come off like they are the absolute best at whatever they are doing, and you think to yourself "Wow that person is extremely boastful." I know this is what I think of when the word pride comes to mind. Lately though I have come to grips with one I am struggling with . . .

It's not at all "Ohh I am so high and mighty- look at me go!" but more of a "Well what about ME!??"
I suppose I struggle with a It's all about me mentality. How fast I can get something, why am I not being served or looked upon. And although, no i am not struggling with thinking I am thee absolute best or highest, I struggle with a sense of pride. Being a follower of Christ we are to serve other people with no want or expectation of anything in return. Of course, this is an extremely hard concept to reach or even think about because we as humans want and hope for a lot. But what would happen with we threw that out the window? Let go, and didn't expect anything in return. This would be so unreal and crazy!!!

So, now that I am thinking of yet another thing I must work upon (although it in a process:) ) I just think of how much I NEED to be humbled. How I need to come to grips with the fact that it is NOT about me, but the Lord. and then once I find this I feel as though my mentality wont always be on my needs and wants, and the world helping me out but the Lord. So this is my prayer!


Yet another thought to another day. goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment