Thursday, November 26, 2009

Being Thankful?

I feel like in a way it takes a special holiday for us all to share what we're thankful for. Seriously. and this bothers me. Why can't we all be encouraging, uplifting and thankful all year long?
My new goal: When I see something I am thankful for I will try to praise the Lord that very instant!

When it comes to being thankful, I have so much to be thankful for. . . I know I am cliche. but it's ever so true.

- The first thing I think of is my family. My sister and brother-in-law are in town from Alabama this week. We had a family dinner on Sunday, by the end of the conversation not only did my family of seven all cry but pray for one another. How unique is this? We all shared our struggles, frustrations and joys of the past six months and then loved each other. It was so pure and beautiful. So comforting. So from God.

- I have a group of six best friends, all growing up together. We have seen each other through everything, both bad and good. & non of us are alike in all aspects. All different. Different backgrounds, looks, passions, interests, dance moves:) but the one thing that remains is our love for Christ. We all desire to be women of God and because of this we can be accountable to one another and simply be there. I can't fully explain the amount of thankfulness I have for these women, there is no one like you six and for this all I want to do is love you more and more.

- I am so thankful for my church. The Grove has provided me with almost nineteen years of love. I have learned who I am there. I have learned how to have a faith not based on my parents, pastors or people but solely with Christ. And not only have I worked in so many different areas, but I have seen the LORD work in so many different areas. I am so blessed to be apart of something so real.

- CBU. Simply put, college has been the most amazing blessing to me. I love going to class and praying before. I love being surrounded by people who want to learn, who want to serve and have meaningful conversations. The friendships I have already formed are beautiful. I feel such a peace with going there. And, It is so exciting to be going to school for something I am passionate about! Everything about the future leaves me in awe. it's so endless, so lovely, so exciting!


So today, I am cliche in saying "I'm so thankful!" but really. I am, and I can't be ashamed of this. :)


"Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born, or you brought forth the earth and the world. From everlasting to everlasting you are God." psalm 91:1-2.
style="font-style:italic;">



Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Another blog to read!

    Looks like you're loving CBU, I hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete